|Title:||Unpacking the sense of the sacred: a reader in the study of religions|
Atiemo, Abamfo Ofori
Golo, Ben-Willie K.
Boakye, Lawrence K.
|Series:||University of Ghana readers, Arts & humanities series|
|City of publisher:||Oxfordshire, UK|
|Publisher:||Ayebia Clarke Publishing Limited|
|Abstract:||This volume offers several contributions relating to a wide range of issues of theory and methodology in the fields of theology and religious studies. While the authors mostly draw from examples from Ghana, the aim is to provide insights pertaining to the whole of Africa and beyond. Contributions: What is religion? The question of definition in the study of religions (Abamfo O. Atiemo); Religion and democratization: a perspective (Rose Mary Amenga-Etego); Africans in saffron robes: Ghanaian experiences in oriental spirituality (Elom Dovlo); Teaching and learning African indigenous religions at the University of Ghana: challenges and prospects (Elizabeth Amoah); Religion and society: a study in church and state relations in Ghana’s first Republic (Kwesi Dickson); Does philosophy of religion really destroy religious faith? (Harry L.K. Agbanu); Thomas Aquinas’ theory of peace (Lawrence Boakye); Ghanaian Muslim women negotiating leadership space for self-actualization (Rabiatu Ammah); Biblical exegesis in the African context: a communicative approach (George Ossom-Batsa); A socio-political reading of the New Testament: re-ordering of power in Mark’s gospel (Daniel J. Antwi); African church historiography reconsidered: some manifestations of African initiatives in the planting, nursing and growth of the Methodist Church Ghana (Cephas N. Omenyo); Christian thought and the African experience: a survey of approaches to theology in the contemporary African academy (Ben-Willie Kwaku Golo); Globalization and the humanities: a perspective from the God-Word (John S. Pobee); Department for the study of religions and African Christian theology: a perspective from the 1970s (James C. Thomas). [ASC Leiden abstract]|
If you like this academic paper, see others like it:
- Overview of Human-wildlife Conflict in the Campo-Ma’an Technical Operational Unit, Southern Cameroon
- Dermatological Disorders amongst Primary School Children in Riyom Community, North-Central Nigeria
- Modelling a Monetary Valuation Tool for Human Resource Accounting Practice in Nigeria
- Effects of Water-Soluble Fractions of Used Crankcase Oil on Some Physiological Parameters of the Nile Tilapia (Oreochromis Niloticus)
- Unemployment and Economic Growth in Nigeria in the 21st Century: VAR Approach
- Entrepreneurship in Africa: Context and Perspectives