A Study Of United Cement Company Of Nigeria Ltd (UNICEM)
Taxation in Nigeria, has given rise to several problems that has threaten the profitability of many companies in Nigeria. Among this problems include trained personnel, corruption, lack of tax management and poor implemented policies. The population covers the entire United Cement Company of Nigeria Limited – Cross River State. Samples of 222 persons were selected, the research uses a descriptive research design. The instrument used for data collection was from questionnaire. The research questions were raised about the significance and implementation of value added tax on the profitability of manufacturing firms, 2(two) hypothesis was formed and were tested using the t-statistic test at 5% level of significance. The result obtained shows there is a significant relationship or effect of value added tax on profitability and cost of production, this means that value added tax can systematically reduce the profitability of manufacturing firms and increase cost of production, based on the major findings, it’s recommended that value added tax should be easy to comply with and should interfere as little as possible with the free functioning of business to enable them survive.
Copyright © 2023 Author(s) retain the copyright of this article.
This article is published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0
If you like this article, see others like it:
- The Impact of Technology Changes in the Accounting Profession
- The Impact of Accounting Systems for Improving the Performance of Private Businesses in Imo State
- Government Auditing of the National Home Grown School Feeding Programme (NHGSFP) and Its Impact on the Programme’s Efficiency and Effectiveness in Katsina
- A Critical Investigation of Financial Literacy and Its Impact on Small Scale Businesses Performance in Portharcourt, Rivers State
- An Evaluation of Capital Market Reform and Its Impact on the Performance of the Nigerian Stock Exchange