We have successfully grown cadmium I1 sulphide (CdS)thin film on glass substrate, using Tioethanolamine (TEA) as canplexing agent, cadmium acetate (Cd(CH3COO)2. ZH20 1,ANiionle solution (NH3), and Thiourea (SC(NH2l2) at a pH of ll* We have shown that CdS cannot grow in acid medi~~rn. We have also successfully characterized CdS thin film with a view of optimizing the growth parameters. Absorbance measurements revealed a CdS handgap of 2.43eV. Thickness of the films were measured and an optimum thickness of 15.6 x IO*? was obtained at the 6 hours of deposition time, uslng Sml of 7.45M TEA and 1Oml in Cd(CH3COO)2.2H20. 1OmlSC(NH2)2.
Copyright © 2023 Author(s) retain the copyright of this article.
This article is published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0
If you like this article, see others like it:
- The Effect of Pressure, Bending and Annealing Temperature on the Mechanical and Optoelectronic Properties of Perovskite Solar Cells
- The Physics of Stars and their Astronomical Identification
- The Growth and Characterization of CdS Thinfilm by Solution Technique
- Terrestrial Stability of ITO/INP Solar Cells
- Characterization of Zn/Au Back Contact to Low-doped P-InP