Why is there a need for information to fight corruption?
Correct Answer with Explanation
1. Programmes that are undertaken to benefit the poor and remove poverty often do not reach the needy and the funds get diverted.
2. A major reason for this is corruption.
3. The reason is common people do not have proper information about the programs and how they are being implemented.
4. The people themselves had no way to verify how the money was spent by the government.
5. The information was not shared with the people.
6. Yet, in a democracy, the money used for the welfare of people is theirs, so they have every right to know how this is being used.
7. Earlier elected representatives checked the corruption.
8. Now with the enactment of RTI, people can check the corruption.