Microbiology Project Topics & Ideas
Microbiology — We have developed a compelling list of interesting Microbiology research project topics. These topics, when adequately executed, are guaranteed to get you a good grade in your final year project.
1. Rainfall-Riverflow Modelling for Flood Forecasting in Oyun River Basin using Artificial Neural Network and Hec-Ras.
2. Safety, Risk Assessment and Incidence of Escherichia Coli O157 on Fresh Vegetables from Farms and Markets.
3. Prevalence and Antibiogram of Salmonella Isolates from Poultry in Nsukka, Enugu State.
4. Optimization of Solid Substrate Fermentation of Prosopis Africana Taub for Production of Okpeye, an African Seasoning Agent.
5. Production of Bioethanol from Hydrolysed Cocoyam (Colocasia Esculenta) by Thermotolerant Saccharomyces Cerevisiae.
6. Prevalence, Risk Factors and Molecular Characterization of Extended Spectrum ß-Lactamases (ESBLS) from Uropathogenic Escherichia Coli and Klebsiella Pneumoniae among Pregnant Women in Nnewi, Nigeria.
7. Identification and Characterization of Molecular and Biologic Markers of Chloroquine Resistance in Plasmodium Falciparum.
8. Seroprevalence and Risk Factors of Hepatitis B Virus amongst Residents in Enugu Metropolis.
9. Molecular Characterization of Multi-Drug Resistant Clinical Isolates of Pseudomonas Aeruginosa in Nsukka Environs, Nigeria.
10. Antibacterial Effect of the Leaves of Chromolaena Odorata on Pseudomonas Aeruginosa from Wound Infections.
11. Valuating the Potential of Wild Cocoyam (Caladium Bicolor) for Bio-Ethanol Production using Indigenous Fungal Isolates.
12. Lipase Activities of Yeasts and Moulds Isolated from Palm Oil Process Wastes.
13. Antibiogram of Escherichia Coli and Staphylococcus Aureus Isolated from Suppurative Wound Infections of Hospitalized Patients and their Responses to Bioactive Extratcs of Gongronema Latifolium.
14. Prevalence and Adverse Effect of Plasmodium Falciparum and Plasmodium Vivax Infections in Peripheral and Placental Malaria in Pregnant Women in Nsukka L.G.A.
15. Effect of Allium Cepa and Saccharomyces Boulardii on Growth Performance and Seroconversion of Vaccinated Chickens Challenged with Velogenic Strain of Newcastle Disease Virus.
16. The Use of Fungi in the Production of Single Cell Protein from Hydrolyzed Pineapple (Ananas Comosus) Peel Wastes.
17. Antibiotic Susceptibility and Biofilm Formation of Bacterial and Fungal Isolates from Infected Eyes of Individuals Resident in Enugu and Ebonyi States.
18. Keratinase Production and Feather Degradation by Acinetobacter Nosocomialis Lc014122.1, A Novel Mesophilic Keratinolytic Bacterium from a Nigerian Chicken Waste Dumpsite.
19. Cryptosporidium species and subtypes in diarrheal children and HIV-infected persons in Ebonyi and Nsukka, Nigeria.
20. Histopathological Changes Induced by Staphylococcal Enterotoxin Produced in Yoghurt.