Modelling the Cadastral System of Enugu State Using Unified Modelling Language (UML)
The contemporary tendencies of the globalization phenomenon and the rapid development in the field of Information and Communication technology (ICT), have inevitably influenced the cadastral domain. It has been acknowledged that cadastral systems face a number of challenges ranging from technological pressure to user friendly requirement changes. A new modeling language, the Unified Modelling Language (UML) has recently in the last few years and has taken the world by the storm. It is becoming increasingly important in modern software development. The Unified Modelling Language has been described as a “Graphical Language for visualizing, specifying, constructing and documenting the artefacts of a software intensive system” Due to the wide acceptance of UML as de facto industry standard and also owing to the remedies it offers for the challenges in the cadastral system, this research was conducted to model the cadastral processes in the cadastral system of Enugu State via the GRAPPLE (Guidelines for Rapid Application Engineering) development processes to address some of the challenges facing the cadastral surveying domain in Enugu State and also the Cadastral systems in general. Using the Unified Modelling Language (UML), the cadastral processes of Enugu State was modeled and represented in several UML diagrams: package, class, use case, activity and sequence. This work has shown how the UML fitted in well to the cadastral domain and how its use in the Enugu State cadastral system is bound to result in more optimal cadastral system.
Copyright © 2023 Author(s) retain the copyright of this article.
This article is published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0
If you like this article, see others like it:
- Impact of Air Pollution on Human Health and the Environment
- Quantifying Rate of Vegetation Cover Changes in Enugu State Using NDVI Techniques for the Year 1991, 2003 and 2015
- Modelling the Cadastral System of Enugu State Using Unified Modelling Language (UML)
- Land Use and Land Cover Changes Detection in Abakiliki Metropolis and its Environs From 1986 to 2014 Using Remote Sensing and Geographic Information System
- Application of Remote Sensing and GIS in the Population Study of Achara Layout Enugu, Enugu State, Nigeria