Impact of Health Education on Awareness, Attitude and Use of Insecticide Treated Nets (ITNs) among Mothers with Children Less than 5 Years in Oji-River Local Government Area of Enugu State
This is a cross sectional interventional study of the awareness, and practice of Insecticide Treated Nets (ITNs) among women aged between 15 – 45 years with Children less than 5 years in Oji-River Urban of Oji-river Local Government Area of Enugu State. A multi stage sampling was used in selecting 400 women for this study, the result of the analysis show that the knowledge of malaria, the mode of transmission, the season of occurrence, and the symptoms were poor. Similarly, the knowledge of the Insecticide Treated Nets (lTNs) as a preventive measure for malaria and the way it is used was Iow prior to the intervention activity. The health education activity however improved their knowledge of malaria and ITNs and the use. The results were statistically significant for pre and post intervention (P::; 0.05) hence health education is shown as effective strategy tool by this study for improving the awareness and use of Insecticide Treated Nets (ITN) by rural communities. The results were stastistically significant for pre and post intervention (P< 0.(5). Hence health education is shown as efficient tool by this study for improving the awareness, attitude and use of Insecticide Treated Nets (ITN) by rural communities.
Copyright © 2023 Author(s) retain the copyright of this article.
This article is published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0
If you like this article, see others like it:
- Distribution of ABO, RH (Rhesus) Blood Grouping and Hepatitis B Among Blood Donors with National Blood Transfusion Service
- Impact of Health Education on the Awareness and Acceptability of Strategies for Preventing, Mother to Child Transmission of HIV among Antenatal Clients
- The Impact of Human Immunodeficiency Virus Syndromes on the Treatment Outcome of Tuberculosis Cases
- Prevalence and Management of Onchocerciasis in Oji River Local Government Area of Enugu State
- The Predictors of Adherence to Antiretroviral Therapy in HIV Positive Children